Facilities For Your Dog
Having 10 dogs of our own, and previously having run a very successful Super Dog Friendly B&B, we hope that we have thought of everything your dog will ever need, to enable them to fully enjoy their holiday here. Your dog is our guest too, and will be treated as such. Their wellbeing and happiness is of paramount importance to us. We are very proud to be Super Dog Friendly! If there is anything we can do, or provide, during your stay to improve our dog friendly service, we are always happy to receive feedback and suggestions.
Just some of the dog-friendly facilities we provide here …….
- Wide, fully fenced and gated non-slip, 8 feet x 16 feet, decking area outside the caravan, providing safe, outdoors space for him to potter about on, or relax, perhaps whilst you are cooking.
- Two non-slip dog friendly steps up to the caravan decking.
- Two large walled and fenced fields, just to the rear of your holiday caravan, totalling 7 acres, designated for walks and exercise of your dog. These fields have no public footpaths or rights of way through them. They are exclusively for you and your dog. Enjoy!
- Separate, fully fenced paddock for totally safe off-lead exercise, should your dog have recall issues.
- Walks in lush, little used countryside, literally from your door. Acres of RSPB ancient woodland abuts our own land, sloping down to a peaceful, canal towpath, where you will find a fabulous, historic pub. Circular walks of varying lengths around our country lanes and villages. Within 5 minutes’ drive of the glorious Peak District National Park. Reservoirs, lakes and cycle trails await. You and your dog will truly be spoilt for choice here.
- Outside fresh water taps for rinsing off your dog, should you need to, and buckets of warm water are available, if required.
- Doggie Paradise ID tag, engraved with our address and telephone number, for your dog to wear whilst holidaying here.
- Dog towels and eco-friendly dog shampoo always available.
- Water bowls, food bowls and spare leads are available to borrow, should you have forgotten to bring your own.
- Quality, grain-free dry dog foods and vacuum-sealed meat trays are available here to purchase, should you accidentally forget to bring his own food.
- Separate refrigeration facilities available, if your dog has a BARF (raw food) Diet.
- 24 hour emergency veterinary appointments are available, seven days a week, all year round. This service is provided by our own dogs’ vets at Willow Veterinary Surgery, a highly accredited practice, to give you complete peace of mind whilst on your holiday.
- Doggie Day Care Service available here, if you would like to visit a stately home or other venue where you cannot take your dog. We will care for your dog, walk them, provide supervised play sessions and keep them entertained, until you return. Your dog will be looked after by us in our farmhouse, where we can provide one-to-one care and human company. We charge a nominal £2.00 per hour for this service.
- Doggie Welcome Pack, containing high quality natural treats and toy, especially chosen for our doggie guest, will be in your caravan, ready for his arrival.